St Paul's School
Shortly after St Paul’s Church was consecrated in 1857, a request was made by the minister and church wardens for land to build a school. On 16 May 1859 land was given and St Paul’s School was built at the cost of £2,126 opening in 1860. In 2010 St Paul’s C of E Aided Primary school celebrated its 150 year anniversary. The school is situated just up the road from the Church and both school and church have always enjoyed a close relationship.
St Paul’s School aims to serve the surrounding community by providing an education of the highest quality for children of all faiths and none, within the context of Christian belief and practice. Christian values are promoted and encouraged as is an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith.
Many children from church attend the school with a number of the congregation serving on the Governing body as Foundation Governors. During the term, the church is used for special services such as at Christmas, Easter and other festivals.
Members of the church ministry team attend the school each week to lead acts of worship, as well as leading some RE lessons. Although not an official feeder to the school many children attending St Paul's Church Pre-School go on to attend at St Paul's C of E Primary School.